Current Chamber Members use this page to post both full time and part time job opportunities. Check back often as new jobs are posted weekly.
Are you looking to hire? Submit your job listing here!
This service exists as a way for current Chamber of Commerce Members to post both full time and part time job opportunities that they have for residents of New Canaan and surrounding areas to apply for. Please fill out the form below and your Job Listing will be posted within 2 business days.
Director of Annual Giving
Director of Annual Giving
Director of Annual Giving– Part-time, non-exempt position.
Responsibilities: Primary responsibilities include professional and administrative work in managing all incoming donations. To be the point of contact for all giving. To build and maintain relationships with potential and existing donors in order to secure ongoing philanthropy. Raise awareness of the Nature Center’s mission and goals. Additional responsibilities as defined by the Executive Director.
• Annual Appeal: Create and distribute hardcopy and digital forms of the annual appeal twice annually. ( Fall and June) Work with Director of Events and Marketing to cross reference mailing lists and formalize the digital annual appeal for distribution. Collaborate with board members around their relationships with donors in order to create personalized notes on appeals for special donors.
• Develop and Maintain Giving Campaigns: Using Classy, create varied giving options using campaigns (e.g., Land Management Plan, Hailey Project, Sponsor an Animal).
• Newsletter Update: Provide quarterly newsletter updates for digital distribution with the Director of Marketing and Events.
• Donor Tracking and Acknowledgement: Update and maintain all giving through database entry. Acknowledge all donations in a timely fashion working closely with Executive Director to tailor thank you notes accordingly. Report donations over $500 to be recognized by Board President(s). This includes matching gifts, stock donations, restricted giving, and gifts in honor of. Provide all necessary supporting documentation to the Director of Finance, and maintain detailed restricted giving records.
• Donor Cultivation: Maintain and cultivate past, present and future, potential gift donors through meetings and other implemented strategies to foster positive relationships including cultivation events. Coordinate with the Preschool Director and Parent Committee to develop fundraising opportunities for Preschool Families. Coordinate with other departments to develop fundraising opportunities as needed.
• Annual Report: Gather photos, writing text, recent audited financials, and other required information to create Annual Report. Provide individual giving and major gifts to be recognized in annual report. Distribute Annual Report to $500 plus donors in March, to promote stewardship.
• Meeting Attendance: Be onsite/available for preschool committee, board, newsletter, development committee, and marketing committee meetings and other meetings as needed.
• Website and Publications: Periodically review to ensure that information is accurate, and that systems are at optimal performance for donors.
Typical operation hours of NCNC are from 8:30am to 4:30pm. The schedule for this position is TBD.
Minimum Skill and Ability Requirements
• 3+ years of Development Experience
• Strong time-management and people skills, flexibility, and multitasking ability
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Advanced computer skills and experience with online platforms and databases
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to handle confidential information
Hourly pay is commensurate based on experience and qualifications of the candidate. Payroll is paid according to normal payroll practices with employees paid twice a month on the 16th and 1st.
Benefits & Paid Time Off: As a part-time staff member you are eligible for 5 days of PTO per fiscal year.
Start Date: August 15, 2023 (flexible)
This offer of employment is contingent upon the following:
• Eligibility – You must complete the I-9 form upon hire and submit acceptable documentation verifying your identity and work authorization within three (3) days of starting employment.
• Background Check – You must authorize and satisfactorily complete a Criminal Records Bureau check.
• Operations – The offer of employment contained in this letter may be withdrawn and NCNC shall have no duty to employ or compensate you if NCNC is unable to operate by virtue of a governmental order, including but not limited to, an order issued by any federal, state, or local governmental or administrative authority.
Employment Status: You will be an at-will employee. Either you or the NCNC may terminate your employment at any time for any reason.
- Part Time