About The Business
The New Canaan High School Senior Internship Program (SIP) is in its seventh year and is flourishing. The program’s purpose is to expose students to the workplace outside of their formal educational experience. Briefly, the program is designed as follows:
· SIP consists of a four-week, unpaid internship, usually the last four weeks of the academic year.
· Intern on-site work hours will be from 20 – 25 hours per week according to the schedule determined by the work site supervisor and the work site’s needs.
· The program is designed to operate during school hours (with interns working their hours sometime between 7:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.) but other arrangements may be made with particular students.
· Students will be matched as closely as possible with internships in their skill and interest areas.
· Students will receive a ¼ credit added to their transcript upon completion of the internship.