Current Chamber Members use this page to post both full time and part time job opportunities. Check back often as new jobs are posted weekly.
Are you looking to hire? Submit your job listing here!
This service exists as a way for current Chamber of Commerce Members to post both full time and part time job opportunities that they have for residents of New Canaan and surrounding areas to apply for. Please fill out the form below and your Job Listing will be posted within 2 business days.
About the New Canaan Land Trust
The New Canaan Land Trust (NCLT) is a nationally accredited non-profit land conservation organization, operating in New Canaan, Connecticut. Founded in 1967, NCLT protects nearly 400 acres of open space, ranging from single-acre wetlands to 45+ acre preserves with diverse habitats. NCLT is the largest private landowner in New Canaan, and continually works to add to its portfolio of protected lands through donation and strategic acquisitions.
NCLT is driven by its mission to engage the New Canaan community in the conservation and stewardship of open space. Approximately half of NCLT’s acreage is open to the public, with over 6 miles of trails across 10 of NCLT’s largest preserves. Events, internships, volunteer opportunities, and other community programs help to strengthen the New Canaan community’s connection with NCLT’s special places.
NCLT has an immediate opening for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Communications Associate to share information about its activities and inspire conservation actions and support by its constituents. The ideal candidate will have a passion for storytelling about NCLT’s work, engaging diverse audiences in sharing news of events, projects, and programs related to land conservation and environmental stewardship. The Communications Associate will be expected to expand NCLT’s reach and impact.
Applicants must be deeply committed to NCLT’s mission and be excited about communicating and engaging with individuals and partners about land conservation in Fairfield County, Connecticut. The Associate will not manage paid staff but will have substantial interaction with NCLT’s Board of Directors, committee members, volunteers, and program participants.
• Collaborate with NCLT team members to develop and implement an annual communications plan that supports the organization’s mission, goals, and objectives.
• Identify new opportunities for communications and bring proposals for new approaches and tools to the Executive Director.
• Prepare and distribute print and digital communications, including monthly E-News, annual report, year-end and spring appeals, press releases, seasonal postcards, and brochures.
• Maintain NCLT’s website, social media platforms, and trailhead kiosks with up-to-date content about events, stewardship projects, land acquisitions, appeals, etc.
• Manage, update, and coordinate development of social networking efforts (i.e., Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter), and follow-up all responses (i.e., “like” and “join” responses).
• Create and disseminate materials needed to effectively promote NCLT’s events and programs, such as graphics, webpages, registration forms, entries on local community events calendars, etc.
• Support the preparation of donor appeal letters, thank you letters, renewal requests, lapsed member letters, and coordinate distribution thereof.
• Manage graphic design and printing jobs with vendors, including letterhead, business cards, invitations, brochures, etc.
• Maintain organizational style guide across all platforms. Ensure accurate and consistent brand messaging on all communications.
• Solicit photo contributions and maintain NCLT’s photo database.
• Provide regular updates to the Executive Director.
• Maintain, prepare, organize and distribute reports and communications with the Board.
• Participate in committee meetings and Board meetings, as appropriate.
• Other duties as assigned.
Desired Experience and Skills
• A Bachelor’s Degree or 3+ years of relevant work experience.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and/or Google suite of products, Mailchimp, WordPress, Creator Studio, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
• Photoshop and graphic design ability helpful.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
• Disciplined self-starter, capable of working independently or as part of a team.
• Natural relationship-building skills.
• A valid driver’s license and able to pass a background check (CORI and SORI).
Work Schedule and Location
This is a part-time (20 hours per week), salaried position, based out of NCLT’s office in downtown New Canaan. NCLT allows for remote work and flex-time, following supervisor approval.
Compensation and Benefits
• Starting salary of $20,000 to $25,000, commensurate with experience.
• Employer match on SIMPLE IRA contributions.
• Generous paid time off and flexible work schedule, including option for remote work.
• Professional development opportunities, including attendance at regional and national professional conferences.
• NCLT does not currently offer health benefits.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter, combined into a single PDF, to firstname.lastname@example.orgOnly complete applications sent to this address will be considered. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will be accepted through September 16, 2022 at 5:00 pm. We will not respond to unsuccessful candidates. No phone calls, please.